W. Kennon Barringer, DDS
Meet Dr. Barringer
Dr. Barringer was raised in North Carolina and obtained his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, majoring in Chemistry. He then attended Emory University School of Dentistry. Oral and Maxillofacial residency training was completed at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He elected to pursue a one year fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at The Ohio State University for additional training in anesthesia, orthognathic surgery, and reconstruction/bone grafting. At the completion of this program in July 1989, he moved to Rocky Mount and began practicing with Dr. Jack R. Winslow.
Dr. Barringer has devoted his professional career to all aspects of specialty practice in oral and maxillofacial surgery, including orthognathic surgery, temporomandibular joint surgery and trauma. His professional interests currently focus on dento-alveolar and third molar surgery, implant dentistry, and bone augmentation grafting. To keep abreast of the latest developments in the specialty, he continues to attend extended lecture and hands-on continuing education courses as well as completing online curriculum.
He and his wife have been married since 1983, have two adult children as well as a never-ending procession of animals. They are active members of the Church of the Good Shepherd in Rocky Mount. His interests outside of work include yard work and gardening, woodworking, and perpetually preparing to bird and duck hunt. He and his wife enjoy spending time with their friends and large extended families.
- Diplomate American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- North Carolina Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Dental Association with membership in state and local components
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Active staff Division of Surgery, Nash-UNC Hospital
- Anesthesia Site Inspector, North Carolina Board of Dental Examiners